What has changed
New Turkish immigration measures require that applicants personally update the Immigration Office as to any change in their passport information or address.
In the past, any change in the applicant’s information (passport or address) could be updated with the Immigration Office by Emigra via a Power of Attorney for the applicant. However, due to the state of emergency declaration measures, the Immigration Office has begun applying new regulations.
Upon changes to an applicant’s address or passport information, applicants must now register or update their new address with the Civil Registry, then schedule an appointment with the Immigration Office and personally appear to notify the Immigration Office of the changes. Registry with the Civil Registry is a prerequisite for Immigration Office updates.
For address registration, if the person fails to notify the Immigration Office within twenty (2) days of the date the registration is completed with the Civil Registry, a corresponding penalty of 500 TL / per person will be imposed. This penalty fee applies to everyone over eighteen (18) years of age.
Who is affected?
- All new applicants for Turkish immigration permits and all current applicants with changes in their address or passport information.
What to expect
First Time Applicants:
- Receive an appointment with the Immigration Office.
- Attend the appointment in person, along with any accompanying dependents, and have their passport and address information recorded.
- Register his/her address with the Civil Registry within twenty (20) days of approval of the Residence Permit.
Applicants with a Change in Address:
- Receive an appointment with the Immigration Office for an address update.
- Update address information at the Civil Registry no later than twenty (20) days after the appointment is issued (note that this is not the appointment date itself).
- Attend the appointment in person, along with any accompanying dependents, and have their address information updated.
Applicants with a Change in Passport Information:
- Receive an appointment with the Immigration Office for a passport update.
- Attend the appointment in person, along with any accompanying dependents, and have their passport information updated.
- If the passport update appointment is within sixty (60) days of the expiration of the current Residence Permit, the Residence Permit renewal is handled at the same appointment.
What you need to do
- To avoide delays in the process, it is important to notify Emigra Worldwide of the new address in advance so your immigration consultant can confirm that the address is cleared in the system of the Civil Registry.
- For passport updates, it is important that passports are renewed in advance.
- Contact your Emigra Worldwide representative for further details on how these updates may impact you or your client.
The information above was provided by Emigra Worldwide, our global network partners, and relevant government authorities. The information herein is for general purposes only and not intended as advice for a particular matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the global immigration professional with whom you work.